BUILDING A TEAM.
Here are some very basic team building tips.
• Staff your team with people who have prior experience in working in a team.
• Communicate effectively why this team has been constituted. (GOAL)
• Organise frequent meetings where ideas and obstacles can be discussed freely.
• Demonstrate verbally and visibly the value of each team member’s contribution.
• Eradicate the pessimists from the group.
• Guard against the members who play office politics.
Leading a team is not an easy task. Everyday adds new dimensions and different dynamics.
As a manager to have great team one should be willing to pencil in a lot of time to nurse it and once the team starts jelling they are sure to reward you with results far outweighing the time you spent on building it.
at 7:24 PM