Beyond that, organizations expect executives to create a challenging environment and an atmosphere of trust by providing a positive feedback.
This is often an intimidating task for a new executive as they are also on a learning curve. However, it is not as daunting a task if done correctly and with a right attitude. Here are some basic steps you can follow and develop others.
- Invest some time and help others plan to improve on their weaknesses or develop their strengths.
- Offer accurate and fair assessment based on dispassionate assessment of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide prompt feedback when they execute challenging tasks.
- Suggest training and developing activities that helped you develop yourself.
- Provide them with a new perspective on the tasks they routinely execute.