GulfTalent.com, one of the leading career and employment websites in the Gulf has released its fourth annual report the "Gulf Compensation Trends 2008".
The highlights are listed below:
- Average salaries in the Gulf increased by 11.4% this year, compared to 9.0% last year
- Sectors enjoying the highest pay rise were construction and banking
- Job categories having the biggest raise were Engineering and Finance
- Drivers of pay rise include growing competition for talent, weak US dollar, and rising inflation particularly in rents
- Average rents in the Gulf increased by 19% this year