Oct 25, 2006

Two-Thirds of the Employees Want to Change Job

Bad news for the employers.


A new research reveals that 66 percent of employees go to work wishing they were in a different job. The rest are in various stages of quitting their current employment.


Not earning enough money (23%) and being bored with their current job (19%) were the top reasons for looking for a change.


When probed on why they were unhappy with their current job, the following were the top ten reasons.


1.    I don’t earn enough money


2.    I’m bored with my job


3.    The work I do isn’t appreciated


4.    The job doesn’t use my talents and skills


5.    I don’t like my manager/I don’t like the organisation I work for


6.    The company isn’t investing in me by providing proper training


7.    I don’t have a satisfactory work/life balance


8.    The hours are too long


9.    I haven’t been given a promotion in ages


10.    I don’t like my colleagues


Altogether, an uneasy time ahead for the employers.


Tags: , , , , ,









Powered by Qumana